CTM Research papers 1995 - 2000
NOTE: the University Department of Engineering holds a searchable database of published papers.
This link will generate a list of CTM papers on that database.
* Any request for copy of the full paper, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org *
Back to CTM Research Papers
- Druilhe, C. and Garnsey, E. (2000), 'Emergence and Growth of High-tech Activity in Cambridge and Grenoble',Entrepreneurship and Regional Development, 12, pp. 163-171.
- Druilhe C. and Garnsey E. (2000), 'The incubation of Academic Spin-off Companies', Proceedings of the High Technology Small Firm Conference 2000 , 22-23 May, University of Twente, Enschede, The Netherlands ( published as ' Academic spin-off ventures: a resource-opportunity approach' in During, W., Oakey, R. and Kauser, S. Eds. 2001, New Technology Based Firms in the New Millennium, Oxford: Pergamon) .
- Farrukh C., Phaal R., Probert D.R., Gregory M. and Wright J., (2000), "Developing a Process for The Relative Valuation of R&D Programmes" R&D Management Journal, Volume 30, No.1, pp43-53.
- Antelme R.G., Moultrie J. and Probert D.R., (2000), "Engineering reuse: A framework for improving performance" The 2000 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology (ICMIT 2000), 12 - 15 November 2000, Singapore
- Phaal R., Farrukh C.J.P. and Probert D.R., (2000), "Tools for technology management - structure, organisation and integration" The 2000 IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and Technology (ICMIT 2000), 12 - 15 November 2000, Singapore
- Yeung C. and Holden T, (2000), "Knowledge re-use as engineering re-use: Extracting values from knowledge management" Third International Conference on Practical aspects of Knowledge Management, 30 - 31 October 2000, Basel, Switzerland.
- Phaal R., Farrukh C.J.P. and Probert D.R., (2000), "Practical framework for technology management and planning" The 2000 IEEE International Engineering Management Conference, 13 - 15 August 2000, Albuquerque
- Farrukh C.J.P., Phaal R. and Probert D.R., (2000), "Technology roadmapping - linking technology resources into business planning"Manufacturing Innovative Manufacturing (MIM 2000) 17-19 July 2000, Aston Business School, Birmingham
- Farrukh C.J.P., Phaal R. and Probert D.R., (2000), "Technology management: integrating technology into business planning"Eleventh Annual Conference of the Production and Operations Management Society - POM 2000 - 1-4 April 2000, San Antonio, Tx
- Miller D., Garnsey E. (2000), 'Entrepreneurs and technology diffusion; How diffusion research can benefit from a greater understanding of entrepreneurship', Technology in Society , 22 (2000) 4445-465.
- Phaal R., Farrukh C.J.P. and Probert D.R., (2000), "Fast-Start Technology Roadmapping" 9th International Conference on Management of Technology (IAMOT 2000), February 2000, Miami
- Platts K.W., Probert D.R. and Cáñez L.E., (2000), "Make vs.Buy Decisions: A Process and a Case"11th International Working Seminar on Production Economics, 21-15 February 2000
- Probert D.R., Phaal R. and Farrukh C.J.P., (2000), "Development of a structured approach to assessing technology managment practice" Instn. Mech. Engrs., Vol. 214, Part B, pp 313-321
- Minshall T.H.W. and Garnsey E.W. (1999), "Building production competence and enhancing organizational capabilities through acquisition: the case of Mitsubishi Electric" International Journal of Technology Management, Vol.17, No.3, pp.312-333
- Probert, D.R., Shehabuddeen N., (1999), "Technology road mapping: issues in managing technology change"International Journal of Technology Management, Vol.17, No.6, pp.646-661
- Farrukh C.J.P., Phaal, R., Probert, D.R., (1999), "Tools for technology management: dimensions and issues"PICMET 99 Conference (July), Portland, Oregon.
- Cáñez L. and Probert D., (1999) "Technology sourcing: the link to make-or-buy". PICMET 99 Conference(July), Portland, Oregon.
- Probert D., Cáñez L., Phaal R., (1999), "Technology foresight as a key element in make-or-buy strategy".PICMET 99 Conference (July), Portland, Oregon.
- Probert, D.R., C.J.Paterson, N.Robinson, M.J.Gregory (1999) "Linking technology into business planning: theory and practice ", International Journal of Technology Mgt, Special issue on Technology, Opportunity Forecasting, Vol 18, No. 1/2, pp.11-30
- Minshall, T.H.W., (1999), 'A resource-based view of alliances: The case of the handheld computer industry.'International Journal of Innovation Management, Vol.3, No 2, page 159.
- Farrukh, C.J.P., Phaal, R., Probert, D.R., Gregory, M. and Wright, J., 'Developing a process for the relative valuation of R&D programmes', R&D management, Vol 30, No 1, pp43-45, Jan 2000.
- Case study strategic make-or-buy review (SEE 1998)
- Park, J. and Probert, D.R., 'Authority delegation model of organisational decision-making and decision quality evaluation', UK (INFORMS).
- Snaddon, D.R. and Probert, D.R., (1999), 'A theory for industrial make-buy decisions?', South African Journal of Economic and Management Studies, NS Vol 2. No 3, pp423-441, September 1999.
- Paterson, C.J., Phaal, R., Probert, D.R., Gregory, M.J., (1998), "Technology management process assessment: implementation factors" Presented at IAMOT Orlando, Florida, 16-20 February 1998
- Phaal, R., Paterson, C.J., Probert, D.R., (1998), "Technology management in manufacturing business: process and practical assessment" Technovation, Vol 18, No 8/9 August/September 1998
- Gardiner, G S (1998) "Approaches to research in the management of technology", International Symposium on Manufacturing Strategy (ISMS '98), Waseda University, Tokyo, Japan 18-20 November 1998
- Probert, D.R. and Venus, A.D., (1998), "Stimulating intellectual capital: industry/academic experience of technology management networking" Presented at Jupiter, Grenoble, 2-5 November 1998
- Canez, L., Probert, D.R. and Platts, K. (1998), Case Study within ''Is business changing for manufacturing-strategic make-or-buy review: case study'', The foundation for Manufacturing and Industry, August 1998.
- Garnsey E., 1998, "The genesis of the high technology milieu: A study in complexity", International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Vol 22 No 3 pp 361-377
- Garnsey E., 1998, "A theory of the early growth of the firm", Industrial and Corporate Change, Vol No 3 pp 523-556
- Garnsey, E.W. & Lawton-Smith, H. (1998), "The high tech race: Oxford v Cambridge", Local Economy, vol 13, No.1 pp.39-50.
- Paterson, C.J., Skilbeck, J.N., Cruickshank, C.M., Probert, D.R., Gregory, M.J., (1997) "Assessment of technology management processes - development of a practical approach within an industrial context;Presented at IAMOT MOT 97 International Association for Management of Technology Conference, Gothenburg, Sweden, June 1997
- Skilbeck J.N. & C.M.Cruickshank (1997) "A framework for evaluating technology management processes in technology based businesses", PICMET, Portland Oregon
- Brady, T., Rush, H., Hobday, M., Davies, A., Probert, D., and Banerjee, S., (1997), "Tools for technology management: An academic perspective" Technovation 17 (8) 417-426
- Phaal, R., Paterson, C., Probert, D.R., Gregory, M.J., (1997), "Management of technology - process assessment: a case study" Presented at BAM 97, Conference of the British Academy of Management, London, September 1997
- Phaal, R., Paterson, C.J., Probert D.R., Hughes, D.J., (1997), "Linking technology to the market: a top down appraisal within a multi-business organisation" Presented at 7th International Forum on Technology Management in Kyoto, Japan, 3-7 November, 1997
- Paterson, C.J., Phaal, R., Probert, D.R., Gregory M.J., Wright, J.R., (1997) "Developing a tool for the relative valuation of R&D" Presented at 7th International Forum on Technology Management in Kyoto, Japan, 3-7 November, 1997
- Probert, D.R., (1996) "International technology management - what relevance to the choice of manufacturing process technology?" Presented atAPMS '96 Conference, Kyoto, Japan Nov 1996
- Gregory, M.J., Probert, D.R., Cowell, D.R., (1996) "Auditing technology management processes" International Journal of Technology Management, Vol 12, No 3, pp 306-319
- Probert, D. R., (1996) "The practical development of a make or buy strategy: the issue of process positioning"Integrated Manufacturing Systems, Vol.7, No.2, pp 44-51
- Gregory, M.J. (1995) "Technology management - a process approach", Proc Instn Mech Engrs, Vol. 209, pp.347-356
- Gregory, M.J., Probert, D.R.and Cowell, D.R. (1995) 'Auditing Technology Management Process', 5th International forum on Technology Management, Helsinki, June 1995
- Probert, D.R. and Gregory, M.J. (1995)'A process model for the Management of Technology: Mapping techniques and sectoral characteristics', International Association for Management of Technology conference, Aston, July 1995
- C.M.Cruickshank, M.C.A.Lamb, C.J.Paterson, J.N.Skilbeck, D.R.Probert and M.J.Gregory (1995) "Technology management: linking strategy and process", British Academy of Management Conference, Sheffield, September
- Skilbeck, J.N. and D.R.Probert (1995) "Developing practical processes for technology management ", IMechE Seminar Paper, December