Manufacturing metrics review report
The Manufacturing Metrics Review was announced at the EEF Conference in London earlier today by Sajid Javid, Secretary of State for Business Innovation and Skills. This review was produced by the Manufacturing Metrics Expert Group lead by Professor Sir Mike Gregory (former Head of IfM). Current Head of the IfM Professor Andy Neely was also an Expert Group member.
The Manufacturing Metrics Review was commissioned by BIS in autumn 2014. The independent expert group that conducted the review was asked to:
- identify opportunities to better explain the performance and contribution of UK manufacturing activity
- identify gaps in current metrics and the implications of not addressing them
- develop proposals that could lead to the trialing and introduction of new or additional metrics
The group’s report has developed a number of proposals in which BIS would welcome views. These include:
- new representations of the manufacturing value chain
- opportunities to make better use of existing national data to improve understanding of modern manufacturing activity and business models
- potential of data analytics to provide new insights into modern manufacturing activity
To download the report, please visit here.
24 February 2016